I started up organ lessons again this semester. Over the past three semesters, I have learned how to play the fundamentals of the organ, including the various stops which control which pipes are played, ad how to use the pedals to play additional parts. I am most excited about the piece I'm working on- its a big offertory piece that uses the flutes, violins, trumpet, and big organ pipe stops to make a huge sound- slightly "Phantom of the Opera" esque.... but in a major key!
Friday, February 6, 2009
Day 8 (1/27/2009)
I started up organ lessons again this semester. Over the past three semesters, I have learned how to play the fundamentals of the organ, including the various stops which control which pipes are played, ad how to use the pedals to play additional parts. I am most excited about the piece I'm working on- its a big offertory piece that uses the flutes, violins, trumpet, and big organ pipe stops to make a huge sound- slightly "Phantom of the Opera" esque.... but in a major key!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment